The following stories were featured on BeatlesNews.com:
- Artists needed for Lennon 70th birthday celebration in October
- The John Lennon 70th Birthday Sidewalk Chalk Art Celebration will be held on Saturday, October 9, at the John Lennon Hollywood Walk of Fame star. Organizers are starting now with outreach and planning, seeking sidewalk chalk artists who are also fans of John Lennon and the Beatles.
- Beatles break-up: Forty years later, Ringo rules
- The formal dissolution of The Beatles was announced on April 10, 1970. For forty years now, Ringo, sometimes derided, but with the consistent rhythm of a steady backbeat, has become the living embodiment of the spirit of the Beatles. Listen to the albums Ringo has released recently, including last year's paean to his home town, Liverpool 8.
- Gene Simmons says he did it because of the Beatles
- Gene Simmons, on the occasion of his first gig in Liverpool recently, said, "There is no way I'd be doing what I do now if it wasn't for The Beatles. I was watching the Ed Sullivan show and I saw them. It blew me away that these four boys in the middle of nowhere could make that music. Overnight I became an Anglophile."
- Hidden treasures for Russian Beatles fans on John Lennon Street
- Long gone are the times when the Beatles ranked among the worst enemies of Soviet Union and people had to hide in order to listen to their music. John Lennon Street in St. Petersburg was one of the few places in the USSR where you could hear Beatles music in the 1960s. Today, it is still a place of pilgrimage for Beatles fans.
To read the complete news stories behind these headlines, go to www.BeatlesNews.com
BeatlesNews.com - I read the news today, oh boy!
I keep an eye on Dave's site every day.
His newsletter is the easiest way ~
just stick in your email address, hit "Go" and Bob's yer uncle.