from wikiHow - The How to Manual That You Can Edit
You are invited to a dinner party, and the hostess serves food that you just hate! Just thinking about it makes you feel sick. You look at it, and wonder how to get rid of it without actually eating it. There is no dog around to serve it to under the table, and you do not want to insult your hostess so you have to think of ways to eat it, or at least look like you are eating it!
- Stare at the food you have to eat, and push it over so it does not touch any other food on the plate. Take a bite of something else, and with your fork, push the 'hated' food around, as if you are going eat it. While playing with it, think to yourself, "It isn't going to kill me."
- Take a forkful of more food on your plate, and again, push around the 'dreaded' food so it looks like you have eaten some. Make sure that when you push it, the plate shows through so it looks like some of it is gone.
- If the food is soft, try adding it to another soft food on your plate, so that you do not taste it as much.
- If it is solid food, then add a condiment to kill the taste.
- Try to seem as if you are enjoying your meal, so your hostess will not be offended, but keep pushing the hated food around to look as if you are eating it.
- If it is solid food, then cut it into very tiny pieces so you won't choke, then maybe pick up some potatoes with it, and chew it together so you won't taste it.
- Don't breathe! It sounds silly but many studies suggest that a considerable portion (about 80%) of our sense of taste depends on our sense of smell. Just remember how dull some meals taste when you have a cold and a stuffy nose. Try not to smell the food and you should be fine. However, be prepared to experience the aftertaste when you finally do breathe through the nose.
- You do not have to finish everything on your plate. When you feel you cannot stand another bite, then just push the plate slightly away from you, put the napkin on the plate and just sit till others finish.
- If your hostess questions you, just tell her that you were not very hungry, but that it was delicious.
- Try holding your nostrils shut.(It helps get rid of some of the taste.)
- Remember to chew your food well so that you do not choke.
- If you hold your nose, people will probably notice.
- How to Eat Less and Lose Weight by Chewing More
- How to Persuade Your Parents to Buy Fast Food
- How to Lose Weight Despite Unhealthy Cafeteria Food
- How to Convince an Anorexic to Start Eating
- How to Cope if you Want to Become Anorexic
Article provided by wikiHow, a collaborative writing project to build the world's largest, highest quality how-to manual. Please edit this article and find author credits at the original wikiHow article on How to Force Yourself to Eat Something You Hate. All content on wikiHow can be shared under a Creative Commons license.
Warning: "If you hold your nose, people will probably notice." ...LOL!